Sometimes when you choose to switch to less processed foods and a more “real food” based lifestyle, it is common to think you need to give up the treats you once enjoyed.
Not with this banana bread!
I used paleo based flours and coconut oil instead of dairy to make this a tasty gluten and dairy free (pending your chocolate chips) alternative!
Give this one a try and don’t forget to tag #beetsandbabes, can’t wait to hear how you love it!
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
3/4 cup coconut sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups Bobs Red Mills Paleo baking flour
1 tsp. aluminum free baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp . cinnamon
1 tsp. celtic salt
1 cup lilys dark chocolate chips (or enjoy life brand chips)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease the sides of a 9×5 loaf pan and add a strip of parchment paper to the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking.
- Mix mashed bananas, coconut oil, coconut sugar, and eggs until well blended.
- Add all dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and sift with a fork.
- Combine dry ingredients to wet. Fold in chocolate chips until combined.
- Bake in the oven until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 60 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!
*Note: with recipes using nut flours, you will want the recipe to completely cool before enjoying. The taste and texture can change after the recipe has completely set.