Squash and ginger soup is one of my favorite seasonal foods of fall! This recipe is light, super nourishing, and bonus, it’s also a great nutrient dense option for the littles!
To make this recipe I recommend an immersion blender. It makes the puree process so much simpler and keeps this soup to a one pot recipe! Less clean up is always a win in my book.
- 4 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- 1 15oz can organic pureed pumpkin
- 1 15oz. can organic full fat coconut milk
- 16oz. chicken or turkey bone broth
- 2 tbsp. fresh chopped ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground sage
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. pink himalayan sea salt
- In a large dutch oven on medium heat, add the ghee with the cubed butternut squash. Saute until soft and easily pierced with a fork.
- Add the ginger, pumpkin, coconut milk, bone broth, and seasonings.
- Using the immersion blender, puree ingredients together in the pot until smooth.
- Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. Once soup reaches a boil, reduce to a simmer for 10-15 minutes for flavors to set.
- Serve, and enjoy!